Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What's on your home list?

There are some things on our list of MUSTS when buying a home and then there are some things on the list of WOULD REALLY REALLY LOVE (...but don't actually need). For example; a must: A/C, spacious kitchen, large family room. A really really love: walk in pantry, french doors to the master suite. While this next item is already on our MUST list, I must share with you why it was stamped with a confirm on the list yesterday. The item: FENCED BACKYARD.

The place we are at right now has no fenced backyard and backs up to a big field followed by a cute little house on the other side of the field.

So when our dog has to go outside we put a leash on him. The leash is staked into the ground and gives him enough room to go all the way around the perimeter of our yard but not on the neighbors field. So...yesterday I leash him up and immediately he takes off (tripping over his leash twice). I look up and notice a man and his grandson and 2 dogs cutting through the field. The direction of their walking tells me they cut through the side of our house and our yard and were headed for the house on the other side of the field. Well our dog so big and loud scares these 2 little yappie dogs and sends the old man tripping over the dog leash and falling on the ground. I assume on his own field. As I'm trying to ask the man if he is ok, I am also preoccupied with dodging dog poo in our yard. After asking him several times and getting no response (or so I thought) he gets up and storms off and never looks back. At that moment I decided on 2 things: 1. I am scooping this poo NOW (how embarrassing that old man cut through our yard and probably had to dodge lots of poo too) and 2. We need a fence! About 30 minutes later there is a knock at our door...our back door. And it's the little old man coming to apologize for his behavior and his language. This tells me he must have said some mean things to me as I was trying to see if he was ok. Good thing I didn't hear him. But still...weird that he chose to come to our back door rather than the front? I'm all for being a part of the neighborhood and all of that but if we have never met and you just cussed at me, by all means walk around to the front door please! A fence. That is on our MUST list.

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh! Okay, I must admit I sort of laughed a lot reading this, but I am really sorry that happened!! Happy house/fence shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I laughed a lot too...After the fact. Jamie you should have seen this man! From far away I thought he was like crippled but when he came to the back door smelling of smoke (with dirt on his knees!! hahaha) talking about cursing at me, I didn't feel as bad.

    ReplyDelete