Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Daycare is HARD

Yesterday we visited an in-home (sorta) daycare in hopes to find the perfect safe place for Landon to go while we slave away at work (ok not slave but hey I'd rather be home). Let me just say how the hell did this place become a daycare? It was GROSS! And that made me sad. Sad that we still are looking for daycare and sad that parents actually agree to this place. It is a converted "barn" or so they say. Looks more like a falling apart little house. Duct tape over the door frame (Is this to keep water out??), gross dirty play pens for babies to sleep, dishes piled high, furniture that looked like it was picked up out of a dumpster. Ok I know Im a bit of a clean, neat freak, but I'm not exaggerating people. The topper for me was when she picked up a 5 month old (the only kid there by the way) out of the exersaucer he was hangin out in, the bottom of his bare feet were dirty! Like crums attached dirty. EW! ok so is this what my money gets me? Please tell me NO! I know it was only 1 place and thankfully Landon slept the whole time we were there. I wouldn't want him waking up to see this hell-hole of a place and worry that I was going to ditch him there. I'll sneak him into my work in my purse before I leave him there. Daycare....bleh!

In other news, for all you Android users with babies, I highly suggest the app called Relax and Sleep (or something like that)...It's a bunch of white noise sounds and Landon has been crashed to the sound of the ocean (I know...he'll probably wake to a full diaper too) for 2 hours now. Mommy loves!

Here he is ready for some time out on the town. I know...he's so cute huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment