Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rocket Ships and Baseballs

I often wonder if the clothes that I dress my son in depict what I am interested in or if it's just a broad range of the things he could be into. His dresser is full of clothes with dogs, sports, robots, rocket ships, ducks and even a squirrel (well I think it's a squirrel). Baby boy clothes (while very cute) are just so random! I try to dress him in everything at least once since most of his clothes were gifts. But I just wonder if when he gets older and sees these pictures of what he wore as a baby if he is going to be like "I can not believe I had to wear robots....or ducks..." you know? Well he is a boy so I'm sure he will not even care what he had to wear. But you get what I mean...He could totally hate rocket ships when he is older. I just don't know. When we decided what his nursery theme would be, my husband was like "SPORTS!" but then as I looked at the sports bedding and the different things out there I thought...you know, he is going to have NO IDEA what sports are for at least the first year. Why not create a nursery that we like that is not so busy but more simple and modern. Save the sports themes for the years ahead when he is totally into it....Or the rocket ship themes...see we just don't know what it will be.

My whole idea behind this is I am realizing as parents we try so hard to mold our baby's personality into one of our own. We want him to be a fan of Oregon Ducks, Red Sox, Kentucky basketball..we want him to be a lefty so that he can become a really good pitcher in baseball, we want him to play all sports. Yet, he could grow up to be complete opposite. He could love to play music (which neither of us have that gift), draw, be into science (also which neither of us are good at)....So no matter how many football onesies and Oregon Duck outfits he wears, that doesn't mean that's who he will grow up to be. But it sure is cute for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment