Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rolly Polly

We have ourselves a little rolly polly here. Landon has mastered the art of rolling from back to tummy and boy is he on the move! Try changing a diaper when he knows he can move. Now we have to work on from tummy to back. I think it will be much easier when the shoes come off. He gets a little frustrated. They say babies usually go tummy to back....what a little rule breaker he is!

He is also eating 5-6oz of milk now. I've purchased some brown rice cereal but we haven't tried it yet. Once he bounced back from that nasty bronchiolitis it's like his tummy grew and he was eating more overnight. He is also very into grabbing things and putting them in his mouth. His little teether ring has now come out of the toy box. I feel like we need to get him real toys because he is so interested in them. The teether ring he likes has like 3 keys on it and so when he gets real excited he bats the thing around and for some reason when he bats one hand the other one automatically goes too. It's like they are in sync. And then he gets hit with the rings and throws them and then cries because he wants his toy back..."well you threw them!" He has found his shoes and I'm sure is trying to figure out how to get them OFF! And to top it off, we think there is a little tooth bud popping through on the top! I know...usually the bottoms come in first but I tell ya Landon has been anything but fitting the profile. He just does things his own way. Anyway I tried getting a picture of the little bud but he moves too much and I end up with a close up of his chin. Sooo for now just take my word and I'll work on getting a picture.

We are working on getting him to put himself to sleep. It's a work in progress for sure! Last night I fed him and laid him in his crib wide awake. He cried and cried for about 10 minutes until my husband went and put a pacie in his mouth. He cried a little more and eventually....silence! He did it! Cried himself to sleep. Although it breaks my heart listening to him cry and not running to his rescue, it really is good for us to let him become a little more independent.


No comments:

Post a Comment