Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Trying new things is hard!

Landon is coming up on 4 months already! (This Saturday) and so I decided to buy rice cereal and see how he likes it. And these were the results:
Photobucket
As you can see we went from attempting to introduce the spoon right back to using the bottle. I poured the rice cereal into his bottle and went that route. After several attempts at rice cereal I have come to 2 conclusions....1. He is not ready to eat with a spoon and 2. He does NOT like the taste of rice cereal by itself but will eat it mixed in to his bottle. So I'm going to wait till his 4 month check up and ask his pediatrician recommendations. But it was fun getting these priceless expressions on camera in the mean time.

A few weeks ago we started putting him to bed without rocking him to sleep. So far it's been going pretty well. Well then we throw a curve ball in there. Today we decided to try putting him to bed without a swaddle. Mostly because the last week he has been waking up a TON in the middle of the night and a lot of times I find he has busted out of his swaddle and is awkwardly flailing his arms about. So we read that 3-4 months is about when you stop swaddling. He screams when we swaddle him so I figure he is trying to tell us this is soo for newborns and he has grown out of wanting to be swaddled. Welp...as of right now he is screaming and won't go to sleep. So through the grinding of my teeth to keep myself from rescuing him and rocking his little butt to sleep, I will leave you with this sweet picture of a baby who is excited about successfully rolling onto his tummy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment