Sunday, May 22, 2011

Busy boy growing and playing

What a busy month this has been in our household! Landon turned 5 months on May 16th and we celebrated by getting his pictures taken at the Picture People. I was going to save my Picture People Groupon for the 6 month pictures but I really wanted a family picture and my hubby had to get braces on this month so we decided to get the family photo before the braces. Seeing as getting Landon to smile for my camera is pretty hard, I was afraid that he was going to freak seeing a camera with lights and the whole bit. But he was amazing! We got some great shots of him and we were overly pleased with most of them. So we ended up buying more prints than what was included in the Groupon but they were worth it.

This month is also the month Landon gets the ok from his doctor to take the Ponseti shoes off full time and only have to wear them to bed. This happens on Tuesday and we are counting the hours. Even though he won't have much memory of this when he is older, I know he will be happy to have them off during the days. We have met more and more people that see his shoes and comment on having to have worn the same or similar shoes as a child. Pretty interesting to see how common it really is. We are very happy with the results of this whole process.

This month Landon has learned to play the screaming game. It has actually caused minor stress for us parents. We figured out that this is something babies do to try and get you to react. Well it works! And it wears me out. I am convinced my neighbors think we abuse him with the level of volume in that scream. He sure can capture the attention. And then he laughs. I however don't. Yesterday we discovered that Landon thinks it's hilarious when I eat popcorn. Am I a loud eater? Not sure. But man he was cracking up at me. I was starting to get insecure...Did I have something in my teeth? Was I making a funny noise? He's a goober head. For sure.

Today I bought the coolest new appliance in my kitchen: The NINJA! And it totally is too. I decided to try and make mashed banana for Landon to put in his cereal with the Ninja. In a matter of 3 seconds (literally) I had pureed banana with zero chunks. I was in heaven! And so was Landon. It was his first time trying banana and I didn't even get a yucky face from him. What I got was his full body weight lunging forward in his little plastic high chair seat as he bites the bowl as if to say "GIVE ME IT ALL!!!" and he ate every last lick of that banana rice cereal. What's with babies and their banana love?

Anyway, enjoy the cuteness.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment